Friday, July 11, 2008

to be played at maximum volume

If I meet someone new and they look at my 42 tattoo and cry, "The Answer!", that's a pretty clear indication that this is someone that I will get along with. This goes even double when I tell someone that I love glam rock and they think of this:



and not this:



So imagine my utter joy at finally, after years of pining, making a friend of the ultimate 70's british glitter rock kind. So in honour of my new glam friend Peter Scorcher, I present a programme of glitter rock videos for your pleasure.

To start things off properly, here is the penultimate fantasy of every glam girl (and many a glam boy), Ooo la la Bolan...



The first Roxy record is an excellent primer into the joys of glitter rock:



I love this song. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel...



Another thoroughly amazing song. Slade...



Always a fun group, The Sweet...



I would be remiss not to include a lovely little bit from Velvet Goldmine. This movie is a certifiable obsession for me. This clip is of the fictional Brian Slade singing one of my fave Roxy Music tunes, 2HB. Extra points to you if you know who is doing the vocals (and I don't mean Jonathan Rhys Meyers)...

No comments: